This is a super-condensed summary of the setup steps laid out in detail at Physical Installation. If this is your first time here, we recommend you start there first. Thank you.
First set-up steps
- Connect an ethernet cable to the back of the Modis Lock Controller to an existing local network.
- Power on the Controller by plugging in the power adapter to an outlet.
- After about a minute, the Controller should be reachable on the local network at https://modislock.local.
- Open a web browser and type https://modislock.local for the URL of the Web Admin Suite.
You should see something like this;
- Continue with the rest of the prompt to complete the initial registration of the controller. After a serial number input, you will be asked to provide the following;
- Administrator’s Name
- Administrator’s Email (used as a login ID)
- Administrator’s Account Password
- Local Time and Timezone
- The screenshots below walk through the entire sequence for your reference.
- Entering the serial number found on the back of the Lock.
- Confirmation of the serial number.
- Administrator’s name and email address.
- Entering the name and email.
- Confirmation of administrator’s name and email address.
- Administrator’s password and confirmation.
- Current system time selection.
- Local timezone selection.
- Confirmation of the local timezone.
- Final confirmation screen before restarting the Web Administration Suite